Nike Roshe Two release This sneaker has been a...
AW LAB is part of the BATA Group, the largest company worldwide in the production and marketing of footwear, and one of the leading retailers of fashion sportswear in Italy.
Throughout Italy, AW LAB has a retail experience with 86 stores and 66 franchise stores, plus a flagship store in Barcelona.
AW LAB and BATA are represented in Italy by COMPAR S.P.A.
The year 2012 has witnessed the evolution of Athletes World into AW LAB, a true trend laboratory, which is presenting itself as Urban Style Refresher.
AW LAB positioning
AW LAB presents itself as an Urban Style Refresher.
The values of AW LAB are: sports-inspired looks, cool and appealing, up-to-date and fun, good quality.
AW LAB TARGET:
Young people of both sexes, students (high school/university), sensitive to fashion, attracted by a sporty style.
The mission of AW LAB: keep our customers’ style fresh, showcasing the coolest urban sport products available.
AW LAB PILLARS:
The foundations of AW LAB are: staff members experienced in styling, a focus on product launches, young trend proposals, connections with influencers in the market.
AW LAB to the FRANCHISEE
EVALUATION OF LOCATION
1. Commercial inspection and assessment of feasibility.
2. Forecast of revenue and creation of an income statement.
1. Technical inspection and exclusive architectural design AW LAB.
2. Availability of suppliers contracted by Compar S.p.a. for the technical section
(lighting equipment, audio, video etc.) and exclusively for the layout.
3. Training of sales personnel, arrangement and setting up of the store.
1. Monitoring of sales and stock and financial management.
2. Special opening package.
3. Weekly newsletter with information on the best selling items, availability of merchandise, new arrivals and sales activities.
4. Participation in the competition AW LEAGUE.
1. Four collections a year (January, July, March, October) and wide availability of replenishment and weekly deliveries.
2. The business of AW LAB is divided up as follows: 80% sports footwear, 20% clothing and accessories.
3. Extensive presence of exclusives from the major international brands.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION
1. Semi-annual Marketing Plan
2. Promotional support activities
3. Local advertising support
MULTIMEDIA PACK (MP)
The new AW LAB format includes a package of InStore Radio and TV with AW LAB branding.
The MP is an effective in-store Marketing tool which is a hallmark of AW LAB and an essential element in creating a more complete “shopping experience”, the music programming is selected by experts and designed for our target audience.
The videos shown in-store transmit a loop of either brand messages AW LAB or video offers in support of brand campaigns periodically taking place in stores.
The MP allows simultaneous communication in all the shops, but at the same time supports local sales actions.
The FRANCHISEE for AW LAB
1. Businessperson with retail business owned or franchised
2. Marked sensitivity to the fashion product
LOCATION PROPOSED BY FRANCHISEE
1. Old town or shopping centre with minimum catchment area of 50,000 inhabitants
2. Old town: min. 60 m2 of sales area and min. 25 m2 of store room.
3. Shopping centres: min. 90 m2 of sales area and min. 30 m2 of store room.
4. 4 metre shop window, single sales floor
5. Minimum estimated revenue €600,000 (€5,000/sq m)
1. Between €50,000 and €120,000 for the construction of the store (of which €25,000-€40,000 are only for the furniture and the remainder for technical equipment and fittings) in the AW LAB project
2. Between €50,000 and €120,000 as a bank garantee to cover the stock.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Exclusive supply of the goods by Compar S.p.a.
2. Carriage forward billing of goods (shipping costs included)
3. Payments: Bank Transfer 60 days net invoice date, end of month
4. Exclusivity of sales area
5. Duration of contract: 3 years, renewable each year from the 4th year
6. Free promotional material
7. Own sales policy (price, display, sales service)
8. Computer package on free loan
9. No entry fee or royalties on revenue
10. Goodwill: 65% guaranteed sell-out before discounts